Welcome to the Non-Immigrant Visa (NIV) Unit
The U.S. welcomes temporary travelers with open doors and secure borders. Foreign travelers to the U.S. make great contributions to the American economy, culture, and education. Many nationals, including Algerians, must have a visa to travel to the U.S.
Only a U.S. consular officer may issue a U.S. visa. Most visa applicants must have an interview with a U.S. consular officer before he or she can determine visa eligibility.
NOTE: Due to increases in nonimmigrant visa applications for the summer travel season, U.S. Embassy Algiers is experiencing longer than usual waiting periods for obtaining visa interview appointments. Please take this into consideration when applying for U.S. visas and make sure to apply well in advance of your travel. Additionally, check back often because the Embassy is opening additional appointments to accommodate travelers. We recommend applying at least two months before you plan to board a plane. Thank you!
Non-immigrant visa applicants must follow this procedure:
- Visit http://www.ustraveldocs.com/dz to begin the process.
- Create a profile in the online system, then fully complete and submit the DS-160 application form.
- Schedule a visa interview at the U.S. Embassy.
- Attend your interview at the time you selected, making sure to bring the DS-160 and all supporting documents that apply to your case, as well as the appropriate fee for your visa type.
- If your visa is approved following your interview, your passport will be delivered to the location that you designated upon scheduling your interview at no additional cost to you.
Call Center representatives will be available to answer questions regarding the new system . Some people are not dialing the 0, but you only need to dial the 0 if you are calling from Algeria. It’s a call center and they handle calls from many countries.
The Call Center phone number is (0) 983 2000 20 and can be reached seven days a week between 07:00 and 19:00.